700 Metcalf Street, Conroe, Texas 77301
Customer Support: 1 (866) 909-4458
Missed Pickup: 1 (800) 800-5804
Monday-Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
The City of Conroe contracts with Waste Management to provide cost effective and efficient service. The current plan for service includes:
- Once a week automatic service for trash, utilizing a 96-gallon cart with a green lid. Click here to view your TRASH collection schedule.
- Once a week automatic service for recyclables, utilizing a 96-gallon cart with a yellow lid. Any recycle cart with non-acceptable items will experience a service delay until the next pick up day.
- Once per month manual collection of yard trimmings and bulky trash. Click here to view your BULK collection schedule.
- All collections must be at the curb no later than by 6:30 a.m. on your service day.
- All trash and recycle items must be placed at the curb no later than 6:30 a.m. on your service day.
- The lids on both carts must be closed to ensure litter free service. Debris must not exceed the lid of the cart or you may experience a delay in service.
- All customers must use approved carts provided by Waste Management.
- Allow 4 feet between each cart and other surrounding items to allow space for the automated vehicle to safely service your containers.
- Each cart has a weight limit of 175 lbs.
- NO construction debris or household hazardous waste will be accepted in trash or recycle carts.
- All excess trash must be bagged and tagged with tags available at the City of Conroe Utility Billing Department. Every bag of tagged excess trash must not exceed 50 pounds.
- For more information on Waste Management Recycling efforts, please click here.
Service Guidelines – Bulk Waste (Monthly Service)
- All bulk items must be placed at the curb no later than 6:30 a.m. on your service day.
- Bulk Service will be provided once per month. Please click here to review the bulk service schedule by day.
- Bulk waste refers to appliances, furniture and other large household items too large for normal weekly collection. NO construction debris, household hazardous waste, concrete, bricks, roofing, vehicles or parts, oils, antifreeze, computers, televisions, household waste, dirt, and lumber will be accepted in bulk services.
- No single item shall weigh more than 50 lbs.
- All bulk is to be placed in front of the paying residents house, and within 3 feet of the roadway. To avoid service disruption, keep at least 50 feet of space open in front of bulky items left for removal.
- To avoid service disruption, keep at least 50 feet of space open in front of bulky items.
- Please click here for acceptable / non-acceptable items on bulk services.
No collection of City of Conroe trash, recyclables, or bulky items on the following weekday holidays:
1. Thanksgiving Day
2. Christmas Day
3. New Year’s Day
Waste Management will resume services on the day after the holiday. Trash and recycling services will be delayed by 1 day if the holiday falls on weekday. For instance, if the holiday is on a Monday, Monday’s service would then occur on Tuesday and Tuesday’s service will occur on Wednesday, etc. Households with Friday service will receive service on the following Saturday.
For all other holidays, please place your carts at the curb on your scheduled service day by 6:30 a.m. to avoid service disruptions.
Missed or Unresolved Service Issues
- To determine a Service day, please click here.
- To schedule a cart repair/replacement, please call Waste Management at 1-800-800-5804.
- To report a missed service, please call Waste Management at 1-800-800-5804.
- To add an extra cart to your existing account please call the Utility Billing office at 936-522-3170, option 3 or contact us here.
- To report unresolved service issues, please contact the City of Conroe Utility Billing Department at 936-522-3170, option 3 or contact us here.